November 25, 2015
At Nysmilecreators, our Queens, NY dentist and team emphasize preventive dentistry to maintain optimal oral health. That means brushing and flossing regularly, and visiting our office two times each year. If it’s been more than six months since your last dental checkup and teeth cleaning, call our office to schedule an appointment. The best way to ensure dental health is to maintain regular preventive dental exams with our skilled Queens, NY team. In between these six month appointments, patients frequently avoid visiting the dentist until problems have reached advanced stages. The Nysmilecreators team strive to diagnose and treat oral health concerns at their earliest stages so patients preserve natural dental structure and protect oral health.
Top 6 Signs You Need to See the Dentist Today
There are many reasons patients may need to visit the dentist between regular checkups, but some of the most common causes include:
- Toothache – a toothache that does not improve or go away within 24 hours could be indicative of tooth decay, crack, or fracture.
- Sensitivity to temperature changes – temperature sensitivity may be an early indication of infection inside the tooth commonly referred to as a root canal infection.
- Bleeding gums – discolored, sore, or bleeding gums are the earliest signs of periodontal (gum) disease, the leading cause of tooth loss in US adults.
- Broken teeth – if a tooth or dental restoration chips, cracks, or breaks, it’s important to visit our office as soon as possible since sharp edges could damage surrounding teeth and soft tissue, and left untreated, the damaged tooth may further deteriorate or even fall out.
- Jaw pain – could be indicative of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder especially if pain is accompanied by grinding or popping sound during motion, head ache, neck pain, or tightness in the jaw.
- Worn down teeth – could be caused by bruxism (unconscious grinding and clenching of teeth) that typically occurs during sleep, and can lead to numerous oral and overall health concerns including chipped or cracked teeth, lack of sleep, headaches and migraines, and hearing loss.
Contact Your Queens Dentist Today
If it’s been more than six months since we saw your smile or you’re experiencing any of the top signs it’s time to visit the dentist, contact that Nysmilecreators team in Queens.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.