How to Choose a Cosmetic Dentist – Flushing, Queens, NY
10 Tips for Choosing the Ideal Cosmetic Dentist
Any general dentist can also claim to be a “cosmetic dentist” in Flushing, even if they have limited experience with cosmetic procedures. Therefore, it is important that you’re cautious when you’re choosing someone to makeover your smile. Here are 10 tips to help you choose a cosmetic dental professional whom you can trust to deliver the beautiful, functional results you deserve.
- Training. Take a look at the dentist’s credentials. How much education have they undergone that is specific to cosmetic dentistry? How much experience do they have in their field?
- Associations and Awards. What professional associations does a dentist belong to? The more active they are within professional organizations, the more likely it is that they stay at the forefront of their field. Have they won any awards for their cosmetic work, or for their work in general? Both patient and peer recognition can signal that a dentist is worthy of your trust.
- Payment Options. Unless you plan on paying for your entire cosmetic procedure upfront, you should choose a practice with flexible payment options. Do they accept major credit cards? Will they help you apply for financing?
- Scheduling. Does the dentist have evening, weekend, or early appointments available so you won’t have to take a significant amount of time away from your regular routine?
- Location. Your dentist’s office should be fairly easy to get to from your home or work, especially since many cosmetic procedures require multiple appointments.
- Time requirements. Ask any potential cosmetic dentist for the timeline for your procedure. How long do they believe it will be until the treatment is complete? Does the dentist have any vacations scheduled during your planned treatment period?
- Technology. Dentists don’t need to have every fancy new toy in order to provide effective, comfortable service. However, they should invest in tools that enhance the patient experience, such as intraoral cameras and safe imaging devices.
- Comfort. Find out what types of sedation and anesthesia a dentist offers. Also, take the time to observe the atmosphere in the office. Is it clean? Are the staff members friendly and welcoming? You may want to read past patient reviews to find out what others have said about they way they were treated in the practice.
- Before and After Photos. Many dentists have a collection of before and after photos that highlight their previous work.
- Honesty. Your dentist should be realistic when they’re talking to you about the results you can expect from a certain service. They may even show you a wax up of what your new smile might look like. You should feel like you’re being educated, not like you’re listening to a sales pitch.
Dr. Gochman is an experienced cosmetic dentist who checks all of the above boxes. We invite you to visit us for your cosmetic consultation so our team can get you on the road to the gorgeous, healthy smile you’ve always wanted.