Mini Dental Implants in Flushing
Beautiful, Long-Lasting Results
Imagine visiting your dentist in the morning, having a mini implant system placed in just a few hours, and then enjoying lunch with a friend at your favorite restaurant. During your relaxing lunch, you eat comfortably, laugh, and talk with confidence as your new dentures are securely and firmly held in place.
If you want to learn more about our Flushing mini dental implants or other prosthetics, call (718) 550-3541. We will gladly discuss your options or schedule you a free consultation.
What Are Mini Implants?
The IMTEC MDI System, also referred to as the mini dental implant system (1.8mm in diameter), consists of a miniature titanium implant that functions as a prosthetic tooth root and a retaining fixture installed into the base of your denture. When in place, the denture gently rests on the gum, and the implant fixtures allow for tiny movements, while withstanding natural lifting forces.
Should I Get Mini Implants?
The mini implant system was developed to provide greater denture stability for patients who:
- Cannot withstand conventional implant surgery
- Do not have enough bone to allow for full-sized implants
- Are in the process of changing from one prosthetic system to another
The Benefits of Mini Implants
MDI placement is a one-step procedure that involves minimally invasive surgery and no sutures. Plus, healing time is typically shorter than most denture & partial placement procedures.
How Long Do Mini Dental Implants Last?
Research has shown that mini dental implants last just as long as traditional dental implants. However, it is important that you take the following two things into consideration to help prolong their lifespan:
- Oral hygiene: It is important that you maintain proper oral hygiene after your mini dental implants are placed. This helps protect them from any possible damage due to bacterial growth and plaque buildup.
- Gentleness: If you have a habit of using your teeth to tear off tags, rip open bags, or if you bite your nails, it's important that you try to stop such habits after getting mini dental implants. While mini dental implants are built to be durable and strong, they are not meant for such activities. It's important to treat your new mini dental implants gently, as they can become worn down.
Peace of Mind- Kat I.
An Amazing Place- Elizabeth F.
I Actually Enjoy Going to My Dentist- Ari W.
Always on Time- Deana M.
Painless- T. G.