Services in Children's Dentistry in New York
A lot goes into taking care of a child. The health needs of a child keep advancing with age. Even then, you would be surprised that not many parents pay attention to dental health until dental decay strikes home. For children, dental health needs should be a concern as soon as they start teething.
Everything Concerning Children’s Dentistry
Dentistry for children entails every part of the human mouth. It is more or less similar to taking care of dental needs for an adult. The only difference is in the developmental changes that children experience as they grow. The transition from being toothless to having milk teeth and then trading them for adult teeth is a complex one. It is why every parent needs to be in contact with a pediatric dentist near them.
Pediatric dentistry covers all aspects of dental care. Your child’s mouth is catered to by professionals who have vast training and experience in handling different stages of kids’ dental frameworks.
What Services are Offered in Pediatric Dentistry?
NY smile creators have invested a great deal in oral health services for children. Some of the services include:
- Fluoride treatment – during the different developmental phases of your child, fluoride is necessary for the health and strength of their teeth. Ideally, fluoride should be found in foods and water. However, a children’s dental facility offers fluoride treatments and supplements that can boost the strength and health of teeth.
- Tooth sealants – dental sealants are a great way to fight dental cavities and decay. Sealants are used to cover the chewing surfaces of teeth, providing an extra layer of protection against the build-up of plaque and tartar in the depressions of teeth. In that case, dental sealants increase the longevity of teeth by sealing out any acids that may corrode the enamel and result in tooth decay.
- Space maintainers – they are used for children who have lost baby teeth prematurely. The goal of spacers is to save the save for a permanent tooth. When there is a space in the mouth, teeth tend to shift to occupy the space. This is not often needed, especially when there should be another tooth growing in that space. Space maintainers are a big plus in orthodontics because they take away the need of having to realign teeth following an irregular shifting.
- Oral hygiene services – training your child to care for the hygiene of their teeth is an uphill task. It takes brushing teeth at least twice every day and flossing regularly to keep up with proper dental hygiene. If you are having trouble getting your child to adjust to such a culture, then a pediatric dental facility is where you should go. Your child will learn how to care for their teeth, and even enjoy the experience while at it.
- Habit training and counseling – habits like thumb sucking, teeth grinding, fingernails biting or pacifier sucking, can be hard to break. Every time you try to, your kid will throw tantrums and get you worked up. Instead, you can let the professionals handle it. Their vast experience and years of training make children dentist more than capable to retrain your child on better habits. Your child will in fact trade the bad habits for better ones.
- Orthodontics – Orthodontics is primarily important for children. As they are growing, their bodies are changing, including their mouths. Any irregularities in the alignment of teeth, is, therefore, best handled at a young age. Children who wear braces at a young age do not have to battle with crooked teeth as adults.
- Extraction services – tooth extraction is a significant part of oral health. Removing faulty teeth or those that are sabotaging the overall health of other teeth is necessary. These services are offered for both adult and milk teeth.
Why Should You Consider Children’s Dentistry?
If you need some more convincing to consider children’s dentistry, here are some:
- Conquering dental anxiety – children’s dentistry has a provision for dental anxiety, to ensure that kids feel at ease when in the dentist’s chair.
- Early diagnosis and treatment of different oral problems.
- Preventive dental care for your child.
- Dental emergency services on the go.
Ultimately, the services offered in dental care for children are their greatest selling point. Book an appointment with us today to learn more about the benefits of awaiting your child.